DERRICK R. GOOD – PARTNER AT THURMAN LAW FIRM
Practicing law in my home town has been a great experience. It’s hard to believe that I have now been helping my friends and neighbors with their legal needs for more than 17 years. I have been blessed with the opportunity to practice in a broad number of areas. It has been my pleasure to help with the formation of new businesses, adoptions, and planning for the future. Also, to help people through the tough times of injuries, deaths, and other major life changes. Today I work with a team that helps people through the tough times of injuries and death. I also help people with their government relations, businesses, estate plans, guardianships and other probate matters.
- Missouri Bar 2001
- US District Court – ED Missouri
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Juris Doctor January 2001
- Master of Business Administration January 2001
- Missouri Southern State College, Joplin, Missouri
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, cum laude, May 1997
- Associate of Science in Law Enforcement, second honors, May 1997
- Associate of Science in Computer Information Systems, May 1996
- Jefferson County Charter Commission – 2008 Co-Chair
- Jefferson County Economic Development Council – 2011 – 2016
- Member of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks – High Ridge Lodge #2455 –
- Gideon’s International – DeSoto Camp New Member Chair; qualified speaker;
- Jefferson County Republicans – President
- Jefferson County Bar Association – Law Library Committee; abt 2004 – present
- Member of various committees for the Jefferson Baptist Association;
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis; (CLE Committee)
- Precious Life Pregnancy Care Center, Board of Directors, Chairman; February 1999 – Fall 2001
- Pregnancy Resource Center of Greater St. Louis-Board of Directors, Personnel committee, By-Laws committee (chair)
- Founding board member of Jefferson County Pregnancy Care Center
- Northwest Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors – 2006 to present
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri Republican Attorneys for Civil Justice
- Martindale Hubble AV Rated
- St. Louis Magazines Top 100 Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- Super Lawyers – Top Rated Lawyer
- Super Lawyers – Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars
- AVVO Superb Rating
- US News and World Reports Best Lawyers
- Catholic Charities Volunteer of the Year Award for Catholic Legal Assistance – 2006
- National Republican Campaign Committee – Missouri Republican of the Year 2006
- Jefferson County Republican of the Year 2012
- Jaycees – President 2001-2002; Outstanding Local Officer Award; Outstanding Local Chapter Award
Mr. Good was born in St. Louis and raised in Jefferson County. He, his wife Wendi, and daughters Aliana and Parker now live in Cedar Hill, Missouri. He graduated cum laude from Hillsboro High School in 1992. After attending one year at Southeast Missouri State University, he attended and graduated from Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, Missouri with degrees in criminal justice and computer information systems. At MSSU Mr. Good was active in various student organizations, primarily within the honors program and his fraternity, Kappa Alpha Order.
After graduating from MSSU, Mr. Good returned to the area to attend St. Louis University’s graduate school. He graduated from SLU earning both a Juris Doctorate and Masters in Business Administration in 2001. While in graduate school he served in leadership positions in several organizations and represented St. Louis University Law School at the Regional Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Good joined the firm in 2000 as a law clerk and has continued with the firm since he graduated from law school. Mr. Good is active in the Young Lawyers Association of Jefferson County and is a member of the Jefferson County Bar Association, the Missouri Bar, the American Association of Justice, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the American Bar Association, the Missouri Republican Attorneys for Civil Justice, and the Republican National Lawyers Association.
Mr. Good is very active in the community, as a founding member and President of the Hillsboro Jaycees, a member of the Northwest Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Board of Directors for the Jefferson County Pregnancy Care Center, Sunny Hill, Inc., and has served on several committees for his local church and for the Jefferson Baptist Association. He is a member of the High Ridge Elk’s Lodge #2455. In 2006 Mr. Good was named Catholic Legal Assistance Ministries’ Volunteer of the Year by the Arch Diocese of St. Louis. He is also active politically, having served as the President of the Jefferson County Republicans and on the Republican Central Committee. In 2008 he served as a Co-Chair of the Jefferson County Charter Commission. Also in 2008 Mr. Good was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2008, an honored reserved for no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in the state. In 2011 and 2012 he was named to the top 100 lawyers list for the state of Missouri by The National Trial Lawyers Association and to the Top 40 under 40. In 2012 Mr. Good was bestowed the honor of being inducted into Kappa Alpha Order’s Chiles Province Court of Honor.
Mr. Good concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury law, including wrongful death suits, motor vehicle accidents, probate, general litigation, juvenile law, estate planning, corporate, and business law.